Sony Xperia T is the company’s late 2012 flagship Android device. The device features a powerful 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor backed by 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage, and a whopping 13 MP camera. The 4.55″ LCD is also noteworthy, featuring a high 720p resolution and the proprietary BRAVIA engine.
The CyanogenMod team are doing excellent job with the CM 12 custom ROMs and are coming up with these ROMs for new devices daily. The latest device to get the CM 12 nightly is the Sony Xperia T. If you want to update the Xperia T to Android 5.0.2, follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia T:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Xperia T:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.