Sony Xperia Tablet Z is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz. The 10.1″ screen uses a 1920×1200 screen, which has an aspect ratio of 16:10. Infrared is supported so that the tablet can be used as a television remote control. The Sony Xperia Tablet Z is also water resistant, able to stay in water at a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes.
A lot of Sony smartphones have received the Android 5.0.2 support via the CM 12 custom ROM. Now Xperia Tablet Z becomes the latest Sony device to get the CM 12 ROM running on Android 5.0.2. Follow the guide below to install it on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Tablet Z:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Xperia Tablet Z must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Xperia Tablet Z:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the device.
- Switch off the device and boot the device into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the device.