Sony Xperia Z1 Compact was released in January 2014, as the smaller counterpart to the Xperia Z1. Like the Z1, the Z1 Compact is water and dust proof and runs Android 4.3 with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad core processor. The Z1 Compact has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage, which can be expanded with a microSD card. The Z1 Compact also sports a 20.7 MP rear facing camera and a 2 MP forward facing shooter. The principle difference between the Z1 and the Z1 Compact is the smaller, 4.3 inch, 1280 x 720 (342 ppi) HD display, which features Sony’s Triluminos display technology.
CyanogenMod team is working on making the CM 12 custom ROM running on Android 5.0 for many devices. The latest device to receive this custom ROM is the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. This ROM is still under development so it might have some bugs. If you want to install this ROM, follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Z1 Compact:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.