Sony Xperia Z3 Compact has a 4.6″ IPS LCD display with a 720p resolution. It is powered by a 2.5Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a 2600mAh battery. It features a 20.7MP 1/2.3″ imaging sensor, with a Sony G 25mm lens and maximum ISO of 12800 for low light conditions.
CM 12 custom ROM is available for a number of devices now. Instead of waiting for the official Android Lollipop update, you can install CM 12 ROM and get the latest version of Android. A detailed tutorial to install CM 12 ROM on the Xperia Z3 Compact is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z3 Compact:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z3 Compact must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Xperia Z3 Compact:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.