The Sprint variation of the HTC One (M7) features a powerful quad-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor (APQ8064T), 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of storage, a 4.7″ 1080p Super LCD 3 display with 468 ppi, a 4 MP “Ultrapixel” camera with an f/2 lens and large pixels, and a 2300 mAh battery.
Sprint HTC One has received an unofficial port of the CM 12 custom ROM. It is an early build but you can still use it on the HTC One. It might contain some small bugs. Follow the guide below to install the CM 12 ROM on Sprint HTC One.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sprint HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Sprint HTC One must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.