Xiaomi Mi3 is a high-end Android smartphone, released by Xiaomi Tech in November 2013. The Mi3 features a 5″ IPS LCD display with 1080 x 1920 resolution. It’s powered by either a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, or 1.8GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 4, depending on region. Both feature 2GB of RAM. Internal storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB internal storage. The Mi 3 has a 13MP shooter with full 1080p video recording, and a 2MP front facing camera. The device is fed by a non-removable 3050mAh battery.
The Mi3 runs on a custom MIUI firmware. If you are not a big fan of it, you can revert to the stock Android firmware via the CM 12 custom ROM. Also, this ROM will update the phone to the latest Android 5.0.2 OS. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Mi3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Mi3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.