HTC Sensation is powered by a dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and high performance Adreno 220 GPU. It has 768MB RAM and 4GB internal storage, along with a microSD slot supporting up to 64GB. The Sensation was the first device to ship with HTC Sense 3.0, which runs on Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread). It was later updated to HTC Sense 3.6 and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
HTC Sensation is the latest device to get the CM 12 ROM running on Android 5.0. The official OS version of the Sensation is still ICS so this ROM will give a lot of updated features to the users. Follow the guide below to install CM 12 on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sensation:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Sensation:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.