Micromax Canvas Magnus features a 5.00-inch diplay with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels. It is powered by a 1.5GHz processor alongside 1GB RAM and 12-megapixel rear camera. It also has a 2-megapixel front camera. At the time of its release, it ran on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
Micromax Canvas Magnus can be updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop via the CM 12 custom ROM. It is still in the alpha stages but the development is currently progressing. It might have some bugs as of now. But you can try it on your device. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Canvas Magnus:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Canvas Magnus must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Canvas Magnus:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.