Samsung Galaxy Grand runs on a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM and on the back there is a capable 8-megapixel camera. The camera features backside illumination sensor (BIS) for better shots in low-light conditions, and it is capable of recording 1080p video. The Grand also has a front-facing, 2-megapixel camera for video calling. It all runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, which should mean that performance is smooth lag-free with Project Butter.
Recognised XDA developer, pawitp has released an early CyanogenMod 12 build featuring Android 5.0 Lollipop for the 1st generation Galaxy Grand Duos (GT-I9082 and GT-I9082L), which is still on older Android version 4.2.2. Follow the guide to install CM 12 on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Grand:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy Grand must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Galaxy Grand:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.