Sony Xperia V features a powerful 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor backed by 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage, and a whopping 13 MP camera. The 4.55″ LCD is also noteworthy, featuring a high 720p resolution and the proprietary BRAVIA engine.
Xperia V is a mid-range device so it wont be getting any official Android Lollipop updates. There are several custom ROMs which will let you install Lollipop on Xperia V. We saw how to install OmniROM on Xperia V a few weeks back. Now the official CM 12 build is also available. This is the best custom ROM out there and it will update Xperia V to Android 5.0. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia V:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 on Xperia V:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.