Moto Maxx has a 5.2″ Super AMOLED QHD display with an impressive pixel density of 565ppi. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset, with a 2.7GHz quad-core Krait 450 processor, 3GB of RAM and either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. The Moto Maxx shooter comes in at 21MP, with an F/2.0 aperture and 4K video recording. It’s backed by a large 3900mAh battery.
Recently Google started pushing the Android 5.1 update for some of the devices. It did not take long for the CyanogenMod team to develop the ROM based on Android 5.1. This ROM is again named CM 12 and it will update the device to Android 5.1. Moto Maxx is one of the first devices to get this ROM. Follow the guide below to install it on Moto Maxx.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto Maxx:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Moto Maxx:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.