OnePlus 3 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 CPU with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. It has a battery capacity of 3,000mAh and can be charged up to 60% in 30 minutes with the included Dash charger. The AMOLED display is 5.5″ and FHD resolution. It runs on Android 6.0.1 and is powered by OxygenOS which includes many enhancements to Android.
OnePlus 3 runs on OxygenOS. If you are not a fan of OxygenOS, you can always switch to CyanogenMod ROMs. An unofficial build of CM 13 ROM running on Android 6.0.1 is available for OnePlus 3. If you want to install CM 13 on OnePlus 3, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus 3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- OnePlus 3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on OnePlus 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.