Samsung Galaxy J7 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor and 1.5GB of RAM. It features a Super AMOLED 5.5″ display, 16GB internal storage, with up to a further 128GB available via microSD, and wireless charging capability. The rear facing shooter comes in at 13MP and features an f1.9 aperture, auto laser focus while the front camera is 5MP.
Samsung Galaxy J7 is a mid-range device so it will take some time for Samsung to roll out official Marshmallow update. Till then, you can make use of CM 13 custom ROM. This ROM will update Galaxy J7 to Android 6.0.1. A detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy J7:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Galaxy J7:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.