Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has a huge 5.7″ 1440 x 2560 QHD Super AMOLED display, 2.7Ghz quad-core processor, 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage. The Galaxy Note 4 shooter comes in at 16MP with optical image stabilisation and 4K video recording. The exterior features a faux leather texture backing and metal casing.
There is an updated version of CM 13 ROM for Galaxy Note 4. This will update the device to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. Also, you will get stock Android feel instead of Touchwiz. If you want to install this ROM, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy Note 4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Galaxy Note 4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.