Xiaomi Mi 4C is the Chinese manufacturers 2015 flagship device, though only available in China. It comes in two variants, one with 16GB internal storage and 2GB of RAM, the other with 32GB internal storage and 3GB of RAM. Both are powered by a 1.82GHz hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor, both have a 5″ 1080P IPS LCD display, 13MP camera with phase detection autofocus, 5MP front selfie camera, and a 3080mAh battery.
CyanogenMod team were working on a custom ROM for this device and they have successfully come up with CM 13 custom ROM. This ROM will update Mi 4C to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Also, for users who don’t like MIUI, you will get a stock Android like experience. Follow the detailed guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Mi 4C:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Mi 4C must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Mi 4C:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.