Xiaomi Redmi Note is a 5.5″ phablet, released by Xiaomi in March 2014. It features a 5.5″ IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1280, and is powered by an octa-core 1.4Ghz/1.7GHz processor. It comes in two variants, one with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage, the other with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. Other features include a 13MP camera and large 3200mAh battery.
CyanogenMod team have come up with CM 13 ROM for Redmi Note. This ROM will update the device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow and also give a stock look and feel instead of MIUI. Interested users can follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Redmi Note:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Redmi Note:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.