OnePlus 2 is the 2015 flagship Android device of Chinese upstart OnePlus. It is the successor to the popular OnePlus One, and is due for release in Q3 2015. It features a 5.5″ 1080p LTPS LCD display, 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 4GB of RAM and a 3300mAh battery. Internal storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. The rear camera has a 13MP sensor and is capable of 4K video recording at 30fps, while the front camera has a 5MP sensor and can record 1080p video.
OnePlus 2 has not received official Marshmallow update but it is in the pipeline. Instead of waiting for the official update, you can install Android Marshmallow on OnePlus using CM 13 custom ROM. Interested users can follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus 2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- OnePlus 2 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on OnePlus 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.