OnePlus X features a 5.0″ 1080p AMOLED display, a Snapdragon 801 CPU with 3GB of RAM, and the ability to use two SIMs, or one SIM plus a microSD card. The camera is 13MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture, and the front camera takes photos at 8MP with f/2.4 aperture. The OnePlus X comes with a glass back, or, in limited quantities, you can get a unit with a ceramic back. The battery capacity is 2525mAh.
OnePlus X runs on modified Android interface – Oxygen OS. While Oxygen OS has its own advantages, there are many users who prefer Cyanogen OS. For those users, there is CM 13 ROM which will update OnePlus X to Android Marshmallow. Follow the guide to install this ROM on OnePlus X.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus X:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on OnePlus X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.