Samsung Galaxy A5 has a large 5-inch qHD Super AMOLED display. It is powered by a 1.2GHz Quad-core processor and 2 GB of RAM. It has 16GB of internal storage with support for 64GB microSD. Cameras include a 13 MP rear snapper and a 5 MP front snapper. At the time of its release, it ran on Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
A CM 13 build is available for Samsung Galaxy A5 which will update the device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Galaxy A5 wont be getting official Marshmallow update so CM 13 ROM will be useful for A5 users who want to upgrade to Android 6.0. Follow the guide below to install this ROM on Galaxy A5.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy A5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy A5 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Galaxy A5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.