Samsung Galaxy J7 has a 5.5″ display with octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor and a big 3000mAh battery. It also has 3MP rear-facing camera with an f/1.9 aperture lens, 1.5GB of RAM, 16GB of on-board storage, a MicroSD card slot, LTE and dual SIM capabilities. At the time of its launch Samsung Galaxy J7 ran on Android 5.1 Marshmallow.
Galaxy S7 is way behind in the queue to get official Marshmallow support. But Samsung users need not worry as there is CM 13 ROM which will update Galaxy J7 to Android Marshmallow. It will also give stock look and feel to the device with minimum bloat. A detailed guide on how to install CM 13 ROM on Galaxy J7 is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Samsung Galaxy J7:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Samsung Galaxy J7 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Samsung Galaxy J7:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.