Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has a 5.7″ Super AMOLED 1080p display. It is powered by a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, with 3GB of RAM. Storage comes in at 32GB or 64GB, which can also be expanded with a 64GB microSd card. The camera is an impressive 13MP and is capable of capturing 4K video. The Galaxy Note 3 retains the S Pen stylus, and is the first smartphone to include support for USB 3.0. All this is powered by a 3200mAh battery.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow has been rolled out only for a few devices. There is CM 13 ROM available for Galaxy Note 3 which will update the device to Android 6.0. ROM is still in experimental stages but it is quite stable. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy Note 3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Galaxy Note 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.