Sony Xperia SP is powered by a dual-core Snapdragon processor with a 1.7 GHz clock speed per core. The Xperia SP uses a 4.6″ screen with a 720p resolution. Sony has implemented the Mobile Bravia Engine 2 into the phone, which helps to create the “Reality Display” that Sony has used in advertisements for the SP. The Sony Xperia SP has an 8 MP rear camera that is capable of recording 1080p. The camera is also capable of a digital zoom up to 16x.
Xperia SP is not a flagship device so Sony does not support it for official software updates. Needless to say, it wont be getting Android 6.0. However there are custom ROMs using which you can update Xperia SP to Android 6.0. CM 13 ROM can be installed on this device. It is a fully functional ROM but it has some minor bugs. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia SP:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Xperia SP:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.