Sony Xperia Z5 Compact features a 720P 4.6″ IPS LCD, 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 2GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage. Up to a further 200GB is available with use of the microSD slot. The rear shooter features a hefty 23MP sensor, with phase detection autofocus and 4K video recording. The front selfie shooter has a 5.1MP sensor and 1080P video recording. Like the other Xperia Z5 devices, the Xperia Z5 Compact is IP68 certified, providing a dustproof and waterproof exterior. The device is powered by a non-removable 2700mAh battery.
Sony devices have not been getting Android Marshmallow ROMs very easily. But we have managed to find a CM 13 ROM for Xperia Z5 Compact. This ROM will update Xperia Z5 Compact to Android 6.0.1. Follow the guide below to install CM 13 on Xperia Z5 Compact.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sony Xperia Z5 Compact:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Sony Xperia Z5 Compact must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Sony Xperia Z5 Compact:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.