Yu Yureka features a 5.5″ 720 x 1280 IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3. It’s powered by a 64-bit 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, Adreno 405 GPU and 2GB of RAM. Internal storage comes in at 16GB, which is expandable to 32GB via microSD card. The rear camera sports a 13MP Sony Exmor CMOS sensor with an F/2.2 aperture, while the front facing camera features a 5MP sensor. All this is backed by a 2500mAh battery.
A CM 13 build is available for Yu Yureka which will update this device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow and will bring all its features – Doze power saving feature, a faster Chrome browser, a more intuitive Now on Tap feature, a new security-feature-verified boot system, support for more international dialects, a new contextual assistance feature and numerous other features. If you want to install this ROM, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Yu Yureka:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Yu Yureka must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 13 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on Yu Yureka:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.