OnePlus X features a 5.0″ 1080p AMOLED display, a Snapdragon 801 CPU with 3GB of RAM, and the ability to use two SIMs, or one SIM plus a microSD card. The camera is 13MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture, and the front camera takes photos at 8MP with f/2.4 aperture. The OnePlus X comes with a glass back, or, in limited quantities, you can get a unit with a ceramic back. The battery capacity is 2525mAh.
OnePlus X has still not received official Marshmallow update. However, Android being open source, you can always install custom ROMs if you want latest Android version. CM 14 ROM running on Android 7.0 Nougat is available for OnePlus X. If you want to install CM 14 on OnePlus X, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus X:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 14 ROM on OnePlus X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 14 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 14 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.