Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has a 5.5in display. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio X10 CPU. Redmi Note 3 will come in 2GB as well as 3GB variants of RAM. The primary camera will be 13MP while the front camera will be 5MP. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has 16/32GB internal storage options which can be expanded further with the use of microSD card.
XDA team have created an unofficial build of CM 14. This will update Redmi Note 3 to Android 7.0. It will take a long time for Xiaomi to push out Android 7.0 to Redmi Note 3. Instead of waiting, you can install this custom ROM. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Redmi Note 3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Redmi Note 3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 14 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 14 ROM on Redmi Note 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 14 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 14 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.