Google announced the Android One program which concentrated on making low end devices for emerging markets. Last month, the Android One devices were launched and were well received in India. XDA Developers have started the development for these devices and as a result, custom CWM recovery is available for the Android One devices – Micromax Canvas A1, Karbonn Sparkle V and Spice Dream Uno. Follow the guide to install it on your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- recovery.img file
- Make sure Android SDK, ADB and Fastboot files are present in the same folder.
- Download the recovery.img file and place it in the folder where SDK, ADB and fastboot files are present.
- Connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- First, you will need to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe off all your data. Reboot to fastboot mode.
- Open command prompt in the folder mentioned in steps 1 and 2. Type the following command and press enter
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot format userdata
- Now we will install custom recovery. Open command prompt in the folder mentioned in steps 1 and 2. Type the following command and press enter
adb reboot bootloader
- Now again, type the following command and press enter
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Reboot the device with the following command