HTC Desire 816 was released a few months ago as a mid range device. It has a 5.5″ screen with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels. It is powered by a 1.6 GHz quad core Snapdragon 400 processor and 1.5 GB of RAM. It has 8 GB of internal memory with an expandable memory of 128 GB and 13 MP primary camera. It also has a 5 MP front camera.
HTC Desire 816 is a good device but you can further enhance its performance by installing MODs, custom ROMs and much more. But for that, you will need to first install a custom recovery. Follow the steps given below to install CWM custom recovery on HTC Desire 816.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Desire 816:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- HTC Desire 816 drivers installed on the computer
- Bootloader unlocked
- CWM recovery file
- Download the custom CWM recovery and extract it to any location.
- Boot your phone into the HBoot menu by restarting it while holding the power and vol. down key.
- Once in the HBoot menu, connect your phone to the computer in fastboot mode and simply run the .exe file from the folder you extracted earlier.
- This will install CWM custom recovery on to your device.
- Boot into the custom recovery from the HBoot menu by navigating via the vol. keys and selecting with the power key.