Moto G, launched in November last year is a budget friendly phone and soon became Motorola’s best selling phone. The phone features a 4.5 inch LCD IPS screen, the Google Android Kitkat 4.4 operating system and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz along with 1 GB of RAM. It features a 5 MP primary camera.
Previously we saw how to unlock the bootloader of the Moto G. Now in this tutorial we will see how to install CWM on the Moto G. Installing the CWM custom recovery will make it easier to root the device and also perform many other operations. Follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto G:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto G bootloader unlocked
- Moto G drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- Moto G bootloader file
- Moto G recovery image
- Download the Moto G bootloader file and recovery file and unzip it in the same folder.
- Switch off the device and enter into fastboot mode by holding down volume down and power keys.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Go to the location where the files were unzipped and open the command prompt there.
- Type the following command and press enter:
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
- Now type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Done. CWM recovery is now installed on your phone.