Sony Xperia Z2 is the latest high end device by Sony with amazing specs and an excellent camera. For those users who would want to experiment with this phone, we have already seen how to unlock the bootloader of Sony Xperia Z2. Now we will proceed with the installation of CWM custom recovery.
CWM recovery makes it easier to flash ROMs, wipe dalvik cache, make a nandroid backup and much more. So if you are interested in installing the CWM custom recovery on Xperia Z2, follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
- This tutorial is only for Xperia Z2 D6502/D6503 on stock firmware
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z2:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to Install CWM recovery on Xperia Z2:
- Download the CWM recovery image file on the computer and extract it to a convenient location.
- Connect the Xperia Z2 to the computer using the USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is enabled.
- Go to the folder where the image file was extracted.
- Double click on the 1-click-cwm-recovery-installer.bat file and follow the on-screen instructions (Like press any key to continue) to install CWM recovery on Xperia Z2.
- CWM recovery will be installed automatically on the phone and the device will reboot.