Xiaomi Redmi 1S is one of the best low end devices which offers unbelievable specs. It is powered by a quad core Snapdragon 400 processor, 1 GB of RAM and has 8 GB of internal storage. Previously, we saw how to root the Xiaomi Redmi 1S. In this tutorial, we will see how to install custom CWM recovery on the Xiaomi Redmi 1S. The CWM recovery offers more features than the one seen in the Mi-Recovery. Also, this recovery will make it easier to install custom ROMs on the Redmi 1S. Follow the instructions given below to install CWM recovery on the Redmi 1S.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xiaomi Redmi 1S:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Developer Options enabled
- Update.zip file
- Download the Update.zip file to your PC and move the file on your phone SD card.
- Boot into Mi-Recovery by starting the Updater app, pressing the left options soft key and choosing from menu ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’.
- Select and confirm ‘English’.
- Select and confirm ‘Install update.zip to System’, this will take a while.
- Select and confirm ‘Reboot’
- Next time when you reboot into recovery you will have CWM.