CyanogenMod recently started rolling out the CM 10.2 ROMs for various devices. These ROMs, running the Android 4.3 version, are currently in the “nightly” stages and are being updated daily. As a result, there may be few bugs associated with it and the CyanogenMod team is working hard on bringing out a stable version of it.
The Nexus 7 (2103), codenamed Flo, is one of the few devices lucky enough to get this ROM. The device was launched with Android 4.3 in it, making it the first device to run this version. The CyanogenMod team has jumped on this opportunity to make the CM 10.2 for it. We have already seen another bigwig ROM, the Paranoid Android 3.98 installed on this device before. Let’s now proceed in installing CM 10.2 on the Nexus 7 (2013).
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 7 (2013):
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Rooted Nexus 7 (2013) with Custom recovery (TWRP) installed
- Unlocked bootloader
- CM 10.2 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Download the latest CM 10.2 zip file and the Gapps zip file and copy it to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Turn off the device and boot into fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power. From there, boot into recovery.
- Now tap on “Wipe”. Then tap on “Advanced Wipe”. Select “Dalvik Cache”, “Data” and “Cache” and then perform “Swipe to Wipe”.
- Next go back to recovery and tap on “Install”. Select the CM 10.2 zip file and perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
- Now go back and select the Gapps zip file and perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
- Once the install is complete, tap on “Reboot System” and you have successfully installed CyanogenMod 10.2 on your Nexus 7 (2013).
Note: The ROM is a nightly build and so may contain few bugs.