Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is the smaller and cheaper version of the original S4. It runs on a 1.7GHz dual core Snapdragon processor, with 1.5GB RAM and 8GB internal storage. The 4.3″ Super AMOLED display has a resolution of 540×960. The S4 Mini runs on Samsung Touchwiz. It came with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Dirty Unicorns custom ROM is available for the S4 Mini which will update the device to Android 4.4.4. Along with this, it has many different features – Theme chooser, Heads up, Built-in ad blocker (able to update hosts on the fly), Ability to disable FC notifications, Enable pointer/user microphone options (screen record), Download Center (Gapps, Xposed, etc), Ability to force Expanded Notifications, Over 100 cloud based wallpapers, Facebook Sync Hack, Immersive mode, Hot Reboot In Power Menu and much more. Follow the instructions given below to install this custom ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Dirty Unicorns zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Dirty Unicorns ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Dirty Unirons ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Dirty Unicorns ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.