OnePlus One sports a 5.5″ 1080×1920 JDI display. It’s powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and 3GB of RAM. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. Other features include a 13MP camera, 3100mAh battery, dual front speakers and StyleSwap replaceable back covers. On the software side, the OnePlus One runs a version of Cyanogenmod with a unique modified user interface.
Dirty Unicorns custom ROM is available for the OnePlus One which will update the device to Android 6.0. Along with this, it has many different features – theme chooser, heads up, built-in ad blocker (able to update hosts on the fly), ability to disable FC notifications, enable pointer/user microphone options (screen record), Download Center (Gapps, Xposed, etc), ability to force Expanded Notifications, over 100 cloud based wallpapers, Facebook Sync hack, immersive mode, hot reboot in power menu and much more. Follow the guide below to install it on OnePlus One.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- OnePlus One must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Dirty Unicorns zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Dirty Unicorns ROM on OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Dirty Unirons ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Dirty Unicorns ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.