OnePlus One sports a 5.5″ 1080×1920 JDI display. It’s powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and 3GB of RAM. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. Other features include a 13MP camera, 3100mAh battery, dual front speakers and StyleSwap replaceable back covers. On the software side, the OnePlus One runs a version of Cyanogenmod with a unique modified user interface.
OnePlus One is very developer friendly so there are large number of custom ROMs available. A new Exodus ROM is has arrived for OnePlus One. It will update OnePlus One to Android Marshmallow. If you want to try out this ROM, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- OnePlus One must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Exodus zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Exodus ROM on OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Exodus ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Exodus ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.