Flyme OS is the most recent custom Android OS developed by the Meizu team. Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variant based on Android 4.4 and offers a few unique solutions that this Chinese OEM created for their project. And in the eyes of many, this OS is quite beautiful and almost every piece of the ROM and its UI elements have been themed to match Meizu’s philosophy. The Meizu team has created the Flyme OS for their MX smartphone line. Previously we saw its availability for the Nexus 5. Now Flyme OS is also available for Galaxy S4 i9500. Follow the instructions given below to install Flyme OS on the S4.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Flyme OS zip file
Steps to install Flyme OS on Galaxy S4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Flyme OS zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Flyme OS zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.