The Google Nexus 5 is Google’s latest member of the Nexus family and runs on the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat. The Nexus 5 is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.3GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and an Adreno 330 GPU. The 4.95″ True HD IPS Plus display has a resolution of 1080 x 1920, with a pixel density of 445 ppi. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB. Other features include an 8MP camera, LTE connectivity and a 2300mAh battery.
Nexus 5, being a Google device, is a hugely popular device and lots of development support is available. Flyme OS developed by the Meizu team for their MX smartphone line can now be installed on the Nexus 5. Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variant based on Android 4.4 and offers a few unique solutions that this Chinese OEM created for their project. And in the eyes of many, this OS is quite beautiful and almost every piece of the ROM and its UI elements have been themed to match Meizu’s philosophy. Follow the instructions given below to install it on the Nexus 5.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Flyme OS on Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Flyme OS zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Flyme OS zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.