Last year, Samsung launched the Galaxy Camera Android device which was essentially an Android device with an amazing camera. It has a different camera app and this app has been ported to the Samsung Galaxy S4 by XDA Senior Member LastStandingDroid.
Some features include – taking photos and videos, flash, auto-focus, preview, beauty face, slow and fast motion, both front and back cameras working. Not all the features of the Samsung Galaxy Camera have been ported but the work is still undergoing.
It should be noted that this mod is for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, i9505 which run on the Google Edition ROM. Follow the instructions given below.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 must be rooted
- Samsung Galaxy S4 must be on Google Edition ROM
- Custom Recovery installed (eg CWM or TWRP)
- Camera Port zip file
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Camera Port zip file and place it on the root of the SD card. Root of the SD card means it should not be placed within any folder.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the Camera Port zip file that was downloaded in step 2.
- Go back and just reboot the phone.
If the user gets stuck in a bootloop then restore from the Nandroid backup that was created from the recovery.