Samsung released two versions of the Galaxy S4. Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 is the octa core version. It has great specifications – Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 processor, Adreno 320 GPU, 2 GB RAM, 5″ Full HD Super AMOLED screen, 13 MP rear camera, 2 MP front camera, 2600 mAh removable battery and 16/32/64 GB internal storage which is expandable upto 64 GB.
Many mods are available for this device. XDA member Tamerlan2009 has been able to port the One-Handed Mode of Galaxy Note 3 to Galaxy S4 i9500. All features of the One-Handed mode work as they should, including scale and position adjustment for all screens, the keyboard, the lock screen, and Hand-Adaptive mode. Follow the tutorial given below to install it on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This mod might not work on all the ROMs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S4 i9500:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- One-Handed Mode zip file
Steps to install Android 4.4.1 on Galaxy S4 i9500:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the One-Handed Mode zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the One-Handed Mode zip file..
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.