Samsung Galaxy S3 has 4.8″ 720p display. It also is the first device to have a quad-core Exynos 4412 processor, with each core clocked at a maximum 1.4 GHz. It packs NFC, wireless charging capability, and the latest wireless radios. It ships with Samsung’s Nature UX interface. It’s available in 16, 32, and 64GB configurations.
Senior XDA member, henrylife has created a custom ROM for the S3 which will pack a lot of features of the Galaxy S5 – Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, Galaxy S5 lockscreen, Note 3 and Galaxy S5 settings, Smart scroll and Pause, Galaxy S5 Toolbox and Air Command, Galaxy S5 apps and themes. If you want to try out this ROM, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- GlamourS5 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install GlamourS5 ROM on Galaxy S3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the GlamourS5 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the GlamourS5 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.