Jelly Bean 4.2 is the latest version of the Android released by Google a few months ago. It has some exciting new features and apps like Google Ears, gesture support in keyboard, new clock design, brand new launcher, new gallery, better and faster camera app etc. The new gallery that is seen in Jelly Bean 4.2 caught the eye of many. It has a very nice interface as compared to the earlier versions of the Android OS.
The users that are running on Android OS Jelly Bean 4.1 and below might want to get the new gallery and the camera apps on their devices. A member of XDA has been successful in porting the Jelly Bean 4.2 gallery and the camera app on Gingerbread/ICS. However, this port of camera and the gallery apps will only work on the advanced Gingerbread 2.3 firmwares and on all the devices which are rooted on ICS 4.0+ firmwares. It might not work on all the devices so install this mod at your own risk.
- A rooted Android running on Gingerbread 2.3 and above
- A custom recovery installed
- 4.2 Camera and Gallery zip file
- Download the 4.2 Camera and Gallery zip file and place it on the root of the SD card.
- Reboot the device and go in to the custom recovery.
- Now go to “Cache Partition” and wipe the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and wipe the dalvik cache.
- Go back. Select “Install zip from SD card” and then choose the 4.2 Camera and Gallery zip file.
- Now again go to “Advanced” and select the “Fix Permissions” option.
- After this step, just reboot the device.