Nexus 5 is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.3GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and an Adreno 330 GPU. The 4.95″ True HD IPS Plus display has a resolution of 1080 x 1920, with a pixel density of 445 ppi. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB. Other features include an 8MP camera, LTE connectivity and a 2300mAh battery.
Many custom ROMs can be installed on Nexus 5. One of those is Joy ROM. This is a relatively new ROM. The amazing feature of this ROM is that it offers three amazing user interfaces, which include Stock, CM13 and HTC’s Sense. On installing this ROM, you will get better UI options than any other custom ROMs or stock ROM. If you want to install it on Nexus 5, a detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 5 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Joy ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install Joy ROM on Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Joy ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Joy ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.