Open source nature of Android allows it’s users to fiddle with the device to a large extent. There are many developers which make their own ROMs and make it available for the Android users. CyanogenMod and AOKP are some of the most popular custom ROMs. Recently, Ubuntu based ROMs have been developed. And this ROM is available for the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700. Follow the instructions given below to install this ROM.
- Asus Transformer Pad Infinity must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM installed
- Asus Transformer Pad Infinity drivers installed on the PC
- Ubuntu Custom ROM
- Boot Installer
- Create a proper backup of this device.
- Download the Ubuntu Custom ROM and Boot Installer files. Do not tamper with them.
- Connect the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity to the PC using a USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the root of the external storage of the device.
- Disconnect the device from PC and turn it off.
- Now boot your device into recovery mode.
- Clear the cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card” then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the Boot Installer file and flash it.
- Turn the device off and connect it with keyboard dock. You will be see four options there. Android, Linux, Install and Shell.
- After that press the “I” button from your keyboard. The device will itself find its OS. You need to select the Ubuntu and press “YES” option after that.
- Installation will takes a few minutes. Do not touch anything.
- Once the process is complete, press any key to bring out options menu. Select “1” to boot Ubuntu. “ubuntu” is the password of this custom ROM.
- Reboot. Done !
Note : Follow this guide at your own risk. The writer or the owner of this site should not be held responsible foe damaged devices.