Moto E is a low end Android device by Motorola. The Moto E was launched in May 2014. The device features a 4.3″ LCD display, with a resolution of 960×540. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 dual-core 1.2GHz processor and 1GB of RAM. It has 4GB internal storage, with a microSD slot capable of up to 32GB. The Moto E has a 5MP camera and runs on Android 4.4.2. All this is backed by a 1980mAh battery.
Motorola is rolling out the Android 5.0.2 update for two more devices – Moto Maxx and Moto E. The roll out for Moto E has started for the devices in India and Brazil. It will be done in batches so you will have to wait for your chance. There is another way of installing it manually. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto E:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto E drivers installed
- Android 5.0.2 file
- Motorola Update Services app installed
Steps to install Android 5.0.2 on Moto E:
- Download the Android 5.0.2 file and transfer it to Moto E.
- Reboot the Moto E in the recovery mode
- Switch off the phone and then Press Power, Volume Up, Volume Down keys together to enter bootloader menu.
- Select recovery option using Volume Down button and Volume Up to enter.
- Android logo should now appear. Press Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for about five seconds and Power button to display the menu.
- Wipe the cache of the device and reboot the device.
- Go to Settings>> About phone>> System Updates and select “Yes. I’m in”. Done!