HTC One M8 has a 5-inch 1080p display, 2.3 or 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 801 CPU/GPU, 2GB of RAM, enhanced “BoomSound” speakers, a 2600mAh battery, up to 32GB of internal storage and support for external microSD cards up 128GB. One of the most unique features of the HTC One (M8) is its new “Duo Camera.” This camera features two sensors: one Ultrapixel sensor and one depth of field sensor to allow users to select the image focus after the picture has been taken.
The Google Play edition of the HTC One M8 has received the Android 5.1 update officially. It may take some time for it to reach all the devices as the update has been rolled out in batches. In the meantime, you can install it manually. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your One M8:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Device should be S-Off
- Android 5.1 zip file
Steps to install Android 5.1 on One M8:
- Download the Android 5.1 zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Switch off the phone. Restart the phone into download/recovery mode – press and hold Volume Down key along with the Power button until the Fastboot menu appears on screen
- Using the volume keys, navigate to the “Recovery” option and press the power key to confirm it.
- Device should now reboot and you will see a red Android logo with an exclamation mark on the screen.
- Now press the Volume Up key followed by the Power button to progress into the stock recovery.
- Use the volume key to navigate to the “Apply from phone storage” option and then select the file downloaded in step 1. Press the power key for confirmation.
- Once the process completes, reboot the device. Done!