Nexus 9 is manufactured by HTC. It features an 8.9″ IPS LCD display with 1536 x 2048 resolution. It’s powered by an Nvidia Tegra K1 dual-core 2.3GHz processor and 2GB of RAM. Internal storage is available in either 16GB or 32GB. The Nexus 9 features a large 6700mAh battery, and 8MP camera, with 1080p video recording, along with a 2.1MP secondary front facing camera.
Google has uploaded the factory image of Nexus 9 on its developer website. Using this image, Nexus 9 can be updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow without having to wait for the OTA. If you are interested in installing it manually, a detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your device
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Make sure Android SDK, ADB and Fastboot files are present in the same folder.
- Download the system image file of your device and extract it to the folder in the above step.
- First you will need to unlock the bootloader.
- Switch off the device and reboot to fastboot mode.
- Connect the device to PC. Open the command prompt in the SDK folder and type the following command
fastboot oem unlock
- Open a terminal and navigate to the unzipped system image directory.
- Execute the flash-all script which installs the necessary bootloader, baseband firmware, and operating system.
- Your device will reboot and you will see Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- If you want to lock the bootloader, follow steps 4 and 5 but this time enter the following command
fastboot oem lock