Samsung Epic 4G was launched a very long time ago. At that time, it came with Eclair Android OS (2.1) and it was up-gradable to Froyo (2.2). It has a 1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor with a PowerVR SGX540 GPU. It was also loaded with a 512 MB RAM and a 512 MB ROM. And the 5 MP camera just added to the great specifications of this device.
Samsung Epic 4G received official updates till the Gingerbread i.e. Android 2.3 but after that Samsung didn’t roll out any updates. But the CyanogenMod team has continued the development of this device. And now Android 4.2 is available for the Samsung Epic 4G with the official CM 10.1 ROM.
The user just needs to follow the instructions given below to install CM 10.1 on the Samsung Epic 4G.
- Samsung Epic 4G must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM installed on the Samsung Epic 4G
- CM 10.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Make a backup of all the data before installing CM 10.1.
- Download the CM 10.1 zip file and Gapps zip file from the above links and place it on the root of the SD card.
- Reboot into the Recovery Mode.
- Perform a full wipe (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition).
- Go to “advanced” and wipe the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Select zip from SD card” and choose the CM 10.1 zip file.
- Now again clear the cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to “Select zip from SD card” and choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.