Previously, we saw how to install the CM 10.1 ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. This was only for the International Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. It was not to be used on any other carriers or variants. There’s a good news for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 owners. The official CM 10.1 ROM is now available for the Verizon devices.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 users can follow the instructions given below to install CM 10.1. Use these instructions only for the Verizon S4 and not any other carriers or variants. Doing so might permanently brick your device.
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (eg CWM or TWRP)
- CM 10.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on the phone.
- Then create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 10.1 zip file and Gapps zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the CM 10.1 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip from SD card”, then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.