Moto G has a quad-core Snapdragon 400 CPU and 1GB of RAM. The Moto G is also quite lightweight thanks to its modestly-sized 4.5″ 1280×720 HD display, weighing in at just 143 grams. It originally shipped with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, but has since been upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat, and is promised future updates directly from Google.
Previously, we saw how to install CM 12.1 running on Android 5.1.1 on Moto G. But it was for 3G version of Moto G. CyanogenMod team have released official nightly of CM 12.1 ROM for Moto G 4G. If you want to install this ROM on your device, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto G:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Moto G:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.