Samsung Galaxy S5 was released in 2014 as the flagship device. Galaxy S5 is powered by a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2GB RAM. Internal storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB, with a microSD slot up to 128GB. The 16MP camera is capable of 4K video recording and real time HDR photos. Along side the camera flash is a heart rate sensor, which can be used with Samsung’s S Health software. The S5 has a 2800mAh battery providing power.
CyanogenMod team have started rolling out official CM 12.1 nightlies for many devices. Samsung Galaxy S5 has also received latest CM 12.1 nightly running on Android 5.1.1. If you want to install this ROM on Galaxy S5, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 on Galaxy S5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.